Now it’s time to consider a bit of DIY
Detail is crucial and the sale of your home could be hampered by simple little things that you might have stopped paying attention too. Your thought could be "I will get around to those jobs later". Well, if you are thinking of selling now is the time to get these jobs done.
Look at your house as if you had the eyes of a prospective buyer and think about what you would look at, what would impress you and what would cause you to be unimpressed? Make a list and set to work, getting the house ready. Tiny details make a big impression. Below are a few bits to watch out for:
● Replace broken light bulbs or light fittings
● Fix leaky taps and plugs
● If it cannot be cleaned, then replace grout or reseal your bath.
● Fix doors and drawers that don't open or close properly
● Check your window handles and make sure all windows open and close properly and easy.
● Repair cracks in the walls and ceilings.
● Touch-up paint and repaint altogether where necessary (in a neutral colour)
● Think about removing any busy wallpaper, it might look lovely to you, but will it put a buyer off? Remove it and then paint the walls, don’t just paint over the wallpaper, it will be noticeable.
● Think about replacing rugs or carpets that have had their day, will these cause a buyer to see this as an immediate job and a cost they have to spend the moment they move in? Also replacing cushion covers, bedspreads and curtains that might be worn to maintain your home looks fresh.
These small changes can make a big difference to the sale of your property, so make a list and set to work, you won't be disappointed when it comes to selling your property.
I hope a few of these hints and tips help during this period of lockdown and when this is all done, your property will be ready to bring to the market, in tip top condition.
Please continue to Stay Safe.